Are you looking for an easy low-carb side dish? The bacon, cheese, and sour cream make this Easy Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Casserole a delicious alternative to potatoes! This side dish will be a hit at your family dinner table or potluck
This easy cauliflower casserole is delicious and satisfying. Cauliflower can be an intimidating side dish, but using a couple of shortcuts and enhancements like cheese and bacon make this casserole quite easy!
- 36 ounces frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 ounces bacon bits cooked
- 3 green onions diced
- Cook cauliflower in one cup of water on medium high heat on the stove top. Cover pan.
- Stir every five minutes or so to help the cauliflower cook evenly. After about 15 minutes test a couple of the biggest pieces out of the pan. Cut them in half. If they’re warm, they’re done. If they are at all cold, continue to cook for additional 5-minute increments. The cauliflower should be warm and tender, but not soggy.
- Drain the water from the pan and add sour cream, half of each of the cheese and half of the bacon. Stir well and place in a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and bacon on top. Bake for 15 minutes at 350º F. Add chopped green onion on top