This jalapeno popper chicken is chicken breasts stuffed with a jalapeno cheese mixture, then wrapped in bacon and baked to crispy perfection. An easy low carb meal that’s a total crowd pleaser!
I can’t get enough of jalapeno poppers – whether it’s bacon-wrapped poppers, popper dip or jalapeno popper mac and cheese, I love it all! This jalapeno popper chicken is full of those great creamy and spicy flavors and looks impressive enough to serve to company.
Jalapeno poppers are one of my guilty pleasures – I just love that creamy, spicy crispy combination. When you add bacon to the mix, it’s even better! This jalapeno popper chicken has all of those great flavors in a low carb, keto-friendly dinner that will have everyone asking for seconds.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeno peppers remove pepper seeds and ribs before dicing
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 slices bacon do not use thick cut bacon
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Place the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapenos and garlic powder in a bowl; stir to combine.
- Cut a deep pocket into each chicken breast, taking care not to cut all the way through to the other side.
- Fill the pocket of each chicken breast with the cream cheese mixture.
- Season the outside of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap each chicken breast tightly with two slices of bacon and place the chicken on the sheet pan.
- Cook for 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is crisp. You can broil the chicken for 3-4 minutes to crisp up the bacon if needed.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. then slice and serve.