You must make these epic beef nachos supreme on your next matchday. Seasoned ground beef, fried beans, cheese, tomatoes and green onions are an excellent combination of flavors.
These nachos were inspired by my adolescence when we used to frequent Taco Bell. My repeated order was beef nachos supreme. This recipe is the top level version. Much better quality and taste, with the same combination of familiar flavors.
Taco Seasoning (or you can use a store-bought bag / portion of taco seasoning)
1 pound of ground beef
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2 bags of tortilla chips (16 ounces each)
1 can of fried beans
16 ounces of grated cheese of choice (I used cheddar and Monterey jack)
3 roma tomatoes cut into cubes
2 to 3 sliced green onions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile, on the stove, brown chopped beef and onions over medium-high heat until fully cooked (about 8 minutes) and drain.
- Return the beef to the pan and sprinkle over the taco seasoning.
- Stir in 3/4 cup water, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- While cooking beef, add a generous layer of potato chips to two baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Pour over the fried beans, half in each mold. These are thick, but I just add full spoons everywhere on the chips. (The full spoon will spread with the heat of the oven.)
- Spread half of the ground beef in each potato chip.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with diced tomatoes and green onions.