An easy-to-keto low carb beef chili made in the Instant Pot or slow cooker. This bean-free chili is rich and full of delicious flavors that the whole family will love.
We have eaten more low-carb meals at home lately. I’m just trying to cut it down a bit. If you’re here for great comfort food from the south, don’t worry, I’m not giving up on other delicious food for good, but it’s a way to keep those extra pounds from building up and cut sugar.
Also, some of my friends have asked me to post lower carb or keto recipes. And this recipe is in line with my philosophy that food should taste amazing and be easy to prepare. It’s really delicious!
- 1 to 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef, lean
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 14.5 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes, diced
- 1 14.5 ounce can tomatoes, diced
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chilis
- 1 cup beef broth
INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS
- Set Instant Pot to saute. Once hot add olive oil, the chopped onion and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until translucent Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the ground beef. Cook for 7 -10 minutes breaking apart with a spatula, until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients, to the Instant Pot and stir. Press Cancel to stop the saute function. Place lid on and close to lock. Then set to Manual High Pressure for 30 minutes to start pressure cooking.
- Let natural release and serve.
SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and cook the chopped onion for 4 to 5 minutes, until translucent Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the ground beef. Cook for 7 to 10 minutes, breaking apart with a spatula, until browned.
- Transfer the ground beef mixture into a slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients, and stir until combined.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. Serve.